Monday 7 January 2013

Secret Origin

My wonderful wife and several of my friends have been encouraging me to start a blog for some time now. I don't know why I've finally relented and chosen to write one -- perhaps the failure of the world to end in a satisfying KABLOOEY! a couple of weeks ago has put me in an optimistic mood. Or maybe blogging is something that I've managed to ignore for long enough it's gone completely out of fashion, and I find myself in the position of being able to enjoy it on its own merits.

It could be that I'm just contrary.

What's the idea of this blog? The title refers to a style of roleplaying that I've been developing with my friends for the past few years, so you can count on me spending some time talking about RPGs. (I will explain the title in more detail in another post.) Tabletop roleplaying games have played a big part of my life for almost thirty years, and I devote a lot of time to the hobby. Hopefully I've got a few thoughts on the games we play and how we play them that will stir up some conversation. I am also in the process of developing a podcast with my wife Megan and our friend Colin which might be of interest to you, if you like RPGs -- it will be called Shake, Rattle and Roleplay, and I'll let you know when the first few episodes "go live".

You can probably also count on me talking about other stuff here. I tend to have a lot to say about politics (and most of it is pretty snarky, if you like that sort of thing) and I lean toward the left end of the political spectrum. If you have an autographed picture of Stephen Harper on your wall that isn't currently being used as a dartboard, my writing about politics will probably make you irritable and weepy.

I will also share stories from my life and random neuron-firings that I hope will entertain or at least not bore you. If I've read a good book or seen a movie you might like, I will share my thoughts here. If there's a movie out there plotting to steal several hours of your life (I'm looking at you, Inland Empire) I will let you know.

And sometimes, because this is the internet, I will post adorable pictures of my cat.

Welcome aboard.


1 comment:

  1. So excited that you are finally collecting your thoughts all together to share with us. I am looking forward to your musings, rants, and speculations!

    ReplyDelete